One of our very favorite things about the Lake Chelan Valley is how easy it is to shop locally.
Shopping at locally-owned businesses means that our dollars stay in the local economy and
help our business owners keep their shops open all year-round. As our favorite stores begin to
open up after a couple of months of closure, we want to make sure they get the traffic they need
in order to make up for lost time! The best part? You’ll be greeted by friendly and familiar faces
who are ready to go the extra mile for you. Here are some of our favorite places to shop local:
Where we shop when we’re hosting a dinner party:
- Bear Foods Natural Market for delicious spreads, fresh organic produce, and a wide variety of
herbs, spices, sauces and so much more.
- Lake Chelan Winery’s cheese shop for cheeses to create a dreamy charcuterie plate.
- The Meat Shop in downtown Chelan for high-quality meats and side dishes.
- Culinary Apple for a wide selection of local wines and Lake Chelan-inspired gourmet foods.
- Damascus Rose Floral for a stunning centerpiece for the table.
- Kave Roaster & Bakery for everyone’s favorite course — dessert!
Where we shop for gifts and knick-knacks:
- Moonpenny and Lulu Boutique for elegant clothing, jewelry, home decor, and more.
- Riverwalk Books for books (of course), cards, novelty items, and kids’ gifts!
- Swim World for almost everything else: dishware, souvenirs, novelty items, and more. (Did we mention hot tubs?)
Where we shop when we’re itching for adventure:
- Lake Chelan Sports for quality apparel and accessories. You can also rent cross-country skis
and snowshoes in the winter season!
- Butte Brand for locally-inspired hats and t-shirts.
Where we shop when we’re feeling creative:
- 3 Wild Sheep for any and all knitting or crocheting needs. Woven Threads for fabric and sewing gear galore.
- Kelly’s Ace Hardware for all those painting, gardening, and repair projects around the home.
- Palazzo Ponds Nursery & Outdoor Living Center to satisfy our green thumb!
Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg. Whether you’re on the hunt for a particular item or
simply window-shopping, the stores of Chelan and Manson make it easy for you to shop locally
at small businesses. For a complete list of local businesses, visit the Lake Chelan Chamber of
Happy shopping, friends!
Posted July 1, 2020